Default Paper Size

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 14:15:43 CEST 2022

Hi all,

I am not aware of "equiv TL packages" in Redhat based distros, maybe
Jindřich Nový could know more (I am sending cc). Anyway, you have to
install these packages because dnf/rpm dependencies requires it. On
the other hand, when the installed tools call text binaries, they use
whatever is first at PATH. Thus you can have TeX Live from TUG and the
Fedora packages will never be used. I have both with TL from TUG at
the beginning of PATH and usually I do not care that I have the Fedora
packages because my disk is large enough but sometimes, e.g. on a
notepad with a small disk, installation of TL packages consumes too
much space. This is a problem of R-project. I am not an R programmer,
I will never use TeX for typesetting R documentation, I only want to
run trivial R programs written by someone else, yet I am forced to
install the TL packages due to dependencies. And it is the same on a
Mac if I need the R-project from macports. In fact I am not allowed to
used the R-project on some of my computers because i have no space for
TeX. Thus the ability of ignoring the dependences on TeX while
accepting other dependences will be useful.

Zdeněk Wagner

čt 14. 4. 2022 v 2:20 odesílatel Norbert Preining