MacTeX Live 2022 Install Hassels

Marcel Fabian Krüger tex at 2krueger.de
Sun Apr 10 16:42:51 CEST 2022

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 10, 2022 at 12:46:26PM +0200, Marek Stepanek via tex-live wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> First posting here. Hope this is the right group.
>
> First: Thank you for your great work! It is always a great pleasure, to restart each year with a new install of TeX-Live.
>
> I am on macOS 12.3.1 MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)
> I have a HomeBrew install with ghostscript. All my installs of TeXLive 2022 I left the defaults as they are. Probably here lies my issue?
>
> I installed TeX-Live 2022, while distribution of 2021 was still present in `/usr/local/texlive`.

That's intentional to allow you to have both versions installed and
switch between them when needed.

I don't have any macOS experience but according to
https://tug.org/mactex/multipletexdistributions.html
you should be able to change which version is pointed to by default
using the "TeX Live utility".

Best,
Marcel