tlmgr bug on tlmgr check files in usermode

Yang Hong hongy19 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 14:34:06 CEST 2022

hi all,
today i found one bug for tlmgr  in usermode

>    - (base) [hongy19 at CN-00000988 ~]$ tlmgr check files
>    Files present but not covered (relative to /home/hongy19/texmf):
>    web2c/tlmgr-commands.log
>    web2c/tlmgr.log
>    tlmgr.pl: An error has occurred. See above messages. Exiting.
>
>  I checked man page and source code.  tlmgr man page mentioned that the
log should be stored in TEXMFSYSVAR/web2c, but actually the log is stored
in TEXMFHOME/web2c in usermode and man page doesn't mention it.

*Should man page mention that the log is in TEXMFHOME/web2c in usermode and
tlmgr check should ignore these logs?*

   - -package-logfile *file* "tlmgr" logs all package actions (install,
   remove, update, failed updates, failed restores) to a separate log file, by
   default "TEXMFSYSVAR/web2c/tlmgr.log". This option allows you to specify a
   different file for the log.
   - --command-logfile *file* "tlmgr" logs the output of all programs
   invoked (mktexlr, mtxrun, fmtutil, updmap) to a separate log file, by
   default "TEXMFSYSVAR/web2c/tlmgr-commands.log". This option allows you to