Manual installation incompatible

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 14:50:52 CEST 2022

Hi,

I am afraid that you mix two things. There is TeX Live from TUG which
is just for any Linux, it is distro agnostic. On the contrary, some
Linux distros provide their own TeX Live packages which are than
installed by the distro package manager. I do not use Linux Mint hence
i do not know which TeX distro it provides. Thus it seems to me that
you have TeX live 2019 provided by Linux Mint, not from TUG. Now you
downloaded install-tl from version 2021 and try to install it
(therefore the local version is reported as 2021) but it no longer
exist on the CTAN mirror. You have to downoad install-tl for 2022 in
order to make it work.

Zdeněk Wagner