Call for testing: TeX Collection 2022

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at bitmuis.nl
Mon Apr 4 21:15:53 CEST 2022

On Sat, Apr 02, 2022 at 08:50:03AM +0200, Manfred Lotz wrote:
> Hi folks,
> The TeX Collection image for 2022 is available for testing from
>      http://tug.org/~manfred
>
> Specifically
>   http://tug.org/~manfred/texcol2022.iso
>
> Checksums are available as:
>   http://tug.org/~manfred/texcol2022.iso.md5
> or
>   http://tug.org/~manfred/texcol2022.iso.sha512
>
> Important
> ---------
>
> This year there is no ProTeXt on the DVD. Instead we have included a
> specifically prepared MiKTeX following the medium installation of TeX Live.

Tested various combinations of multiuser/single user, miktex/texlive
and windows 7/8/10/11, all on VM's except for one full multiuser TL
installation on a bare-metal W10 21H2. No show stoppers but:

- Readme.txt in the root still mentions protext
- xelatex on miktex: required glyphlist package not on iso
  but is present in the iso MT database, which presumably
  is the full online database.
- can somebody check whether setup.bat works on an up to date w8?
  It did not on my w8 VM, which however is not up to date and has no
  internet access either.
- in some cases, both the MT and the TL uninstaller left some
  traces behind.

--
Siep Kroonenberg