Addition to the texlive manual

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 16:37:33 CEST 2021

This is even more complex. If the changes are in .bashrc, it is
sufficient to start a new terminal or just type in an existing
terminal:

. ~/.bashrc

Notice the period which executed .bashrc in the current shell.
However, settings from .bashrc do not propagate to GUI apps unless you
invoke it from the profile.

Sincerely (med venlig hilsen)
Zdeněk Wagner