CMap issue in PDF file generated with recent TeX Live + Ghostscript

Vincent Lefevre vincent at vinc17.net
Mon Oct 18 15:33:30 CEST 2021

On 2021-10-16 18:59:46 +0200, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> LaTeX now sets \pdfgentounicode=1 by default and so adds cmaps to
> the pdf. You can revert this by adding \pdfgentounicode=0 to your
> document. But imho you should report this to ghostscript.

Indeed, I could check that \pdfgentounicode=0 solves the issue.
However, this means that I can no longer use my own \pdfglyphtounicode
mappings until Ghostscript is fixed.

FYI, there wasn't any issue on the following code with the texlive
Debian packages previous to 2021.20210921-1:

\pdfglyphtounicode{ff}{0066 0066}
\pdfglyphtounicode{ffi}{0066 0066 0069}
\pdfglyphtounicode{ffl}{0066 0066 006C}
\pdfglyphtounicode{fi}{0066 0069}