tlmgr update fails on macOS 10.13.6

Petra Rübe-Pugliese petra at ctan.org
Wed Oct 13 18:25:02 CEST 2021

On Wed 13 Oct 2021 at 09:29:59 +0200  Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
 [...]
> (CTAN could at least ask the maintainers of these mirrors to remove
> outdated certificates, so that it would at least work correctly on the
> still-supported macOS versions like 10.14.)

It seems that our checker https://ctan.org/mirrors/mirmon is not
sensitive to certificate issues.  (It is outdated, and it has so
far been impossible for us to implement a newer and better
solution.)

Whenever a user complains to us about certificate problems with
a mirror, we _do_ contact the administrator of that mirror —
with more or less success.  If there is "no success" for too
long a time, we do indeed deactivate that mirror, as far as https
and the multiplexor are concerned.

Unfortunately, we cannot run any systematic checks so far.
So, please, if anyone runs into this sort of problem with a
mirror, notify ctan at ctan.org manually and we will do what
we can.  Thanks!

    Best regards,
       Petra (from the CTAN team)

--
Please send messages to ctan at ctan.org in English only.
Please do not send HTML messages, they are held in our spam filter.