Help with OTP encryption

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Wed May 19 10:27:18 CEST 2021

N. Andrew Walsh wrote:

> I have a TeX document in which each character has been converted to
> one of 52 two-digit numbers (so, 01 through 52). [...] However, since
> these are TeX documents there are tags, markups, footnotes, citation
> links, etc. still in the document.

When you say "each character", what exactly do you mean ?  I assume that
"a" is a character, and "Z" is a character (whence the 52) but is "0" a
character ?  Or "9" ?  Or any of "\", "{", "&", "}", etc. ?  And are the
characters converted no matter whether or not they form part of a
control sequence ?  More information needed, I feel.
--
/Philip Taylor/