TEX-capacity

Boris Veytsman borisv at lk.net
Mon May 10 18:51:59 CEST 2021

SK> From: Simon Kramer <simon.kramer at bluewin.ch>
SK> Date: Mon, 10 May 2021 15:23:45 +0200

>> This is correct.  I found out in the hard way that many knitr
>> tikzdevice plots can be compiled only in luatex.

SK> 	Thank you, good to know about tikz as I also use it!

To avoid misunderstanding: I doubt one can easily exceed pdftex limits
with *manually written* tikz code.  Tikzdevice is a package that
converts R plots into tikz - something useful if you want the textual
parts of the plot to match your body text.  Of course such tikz code
can contain thousands tikz commands for rendering lines and dots, so
pdftex can be stymied.

By the way, to set this in R, one can use the line

options(tikzDefaultEngine='luatex')

--
Good luck

-Boris

 Assume a virtue, if you have it not.  -William Shakespeare