Cannot load TeX Live database from file:// location

Vincenzo Luca Mantova vlmantova at gmail.com
Fri May 7 22:22:26 CEST 2021

On Thu, May 6, 2021 at 3:16 PM Norbert Preining <norbert at preining.info>
wrote:

> Committed just now to the svn and will be in tlcritical the next days.

Thanks for sorting this out so quickly!

And on further inspection, I think it should be

  copy ("-f", "-L", $filetoopen, $dest);

in case texlive.tlpdb.xz is a symbolic link, which might happen in the
experiments I am doing. Maybe not in real life, though.

At any rate, the symlink issue is easy to work around – just copy the file
in place – so it's pretty minor. Sorry for noticing right after you
committed "-f"!

Best,
Vincenzo