Windows luajittex binary in a directory with accents

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at bitmuis.nl
Fri May 7 17:18:46 CEST 2021

On Fri, May 07, 2021 at 04:53:30PM +0200, Patrick wrote:
> a follow-up: any directory with accents breaks here (Windows 7 64 bit)
> when calling LuaTeX with full path, not just the home directory.

Like Phil Taylor, I am a bit puzzled about your chosen location. In
order to find all its files, TeX depends on a particular directory
structure, with the actual exe files in <installation root>bin\win32
or in <installation root>bin\win64 for the 64bit binaries.

If you HAVE to install in your home-directory-with-accents, rather
than in the root of the C:-drive, then you can assign a drive letter
to it with the subst command:

subst X: C:\Users\größer

and remove the drive letter again with

subst X: /d

You can make the drive letter permanent with a registry entry:

reg add HKCU\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run /v "X Drive" /d "subst: C:\Users\größer"

--
Siep Kroonenberg