Install fails due to errors in temp directory

Uwe Siart usenet at siart.de
Wed May 5 20:34:23 CEST 2021

Ulrike Fischer <news3 at nililand.de> writes:

> So it could be a problem with this mirror.

For me it is difficult to analyze or to understand what is happening
here. But let me report what I observed today. Maybe it helps someone to
track it down.

I've tried several mirrors (all from Germany, selected from the
installer's drop-down menu) and I saw this checksum error with all of
them (GWDG, Chemnitz, Erlangen).

Then I chose the one and only ftp mirror in this list (Berlin). With
this mirror I got the checksum error on different packages (easybook
worked, but latex-bin-dev bombed, ...).

Somewhat tired of trying over and over again I did what Siep suggested.
Install medium scheme and complete everything afterwards. I chose the
GWDG mirror again and it worked fine. No errors.

That's odd. It looks like there's a difference between the installer
(failed) and a post-install call of tlmgr in order to install missing
packages (worked).

--
Uwe