smflatex in TeXlive?

Arash Esbati arash at gnu.org
Fri Mar 26 10:55:23 CET 2021

Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> writes:

> Re smflatex, now that the license is fixed, I realize there is another
> issue: the .sty names are generic (documents.sty, bull.sty, etc.). I
> can't install that. Arash (or anyone), if you want it in TL,
> please contact the maintainer and ask him/her to prefix *all* runtime
> names (under tex//) with smf or some such uniquifier. (Some have it now.)

I dropped a line to the mail address `revues at smf.ens.fr' which is
mentioned in the README and it bounced:

    recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es)
    failed:

      revues at smf.ens.fr
        host nef.ens.fr [129.199.96.32]
        SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<revues at smf.ens.fr>:
        550 5.7.1 <revues at smf.ens.fr>... server [dmi.ens.fr] for
        <revues at smf.ens.fr> rejected address saying
        "<revues at smf.ens.fr>... User unknown"

Sorry, can't help here anymore.  I'm CC'ing also CTAN to let them know
about the no-op mail address and the possible unmaintained status of the
package.

Best, Arash