pretest installation failure

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at bitmuis.nl
Tue Mar 23 11:16:56 CET 2021

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 04:44:32PM -0600, Karl Berry wrote:
>     > Undefined subroutine &main::debug called at C:/TeX/tlpkg/TeXLive/trans.pl
>     > line 40.
>
> Torsten's $^O apparently does not match /^MSWin/ (line 34).
> That seems scary.

Also: there is sometimes a problem under windows with getting locale
information. I noticed this when I got warning messages about ::lang
being undefined in trans.pl at the beginning of load_translations if
I invoked tlmgr.pl from the command-line on a non-localized windows
10.

Since getting locale information is one of the murkiest parts of
the windows code, I decided just to add a test whether ::lang was
defined and bail out of load_translations if it was not.

I plan to investigate this after release.

--
Siep Kroonenberg