Errors after updating to latest revision on Windows 7

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Thu Mar 18 01:18:20 CET 2021

On Wed, 17 Mar 2021, Cesar Romani wrote:
> On .texlive2020 I have some extra fonts I built, together with .enc,
> .map, .pdf and other files. Do you mean one doesn't need to do
> 'fmtutil-user --all' in order for these fonts to work?

Yes, these files are all loaded at run time, and not at format creating
time (unless you define your own format which pre-loads the font).

> From now on I'll only use 'fmtutil-sys'.

That should actually NOT be necessary. tlmgr is doing this for you,
it updates all the formats that needs rebuilding if some packages are
updated.

The only problem now is that you have format files in
	~/.texlive2020/texmf-var
which means the system wide will NOT be used.

Best option for you is:
- move the fonts and related files to
	~/.texlive2020/texmf-config/
  or
	~/texmf/
- remove
	~/.texlive2020/texmf-var

After that there should be no need whatsoever to call
fmtutil(-sys/-user).

Best

Norbert

Fujitsu Research Labs  +  IFMGA Guide + TU Wien + TeX Live + Debian Dev