[EXT] pretest 2021 begin

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at bitmuis.nl
Sun Mar 7 10:41:54 CET 2021

On Sat, Mar 06, 2021 at 10:45:45PM +0000, Philip Taylor wrote:
> The TeX Live (2021) installer reports the location of the installation log file later than did the 2020 installer; the 2020 report appears better to me in this respect —
>
> [2020]
>
> finished with package-specific postactions
>
> [WISH report snipped]
>
> Logfile: C:/TeX/Live/2020/install-tl.log
>
> Welcome to TeX Live!
>
> See C:/TeX/Live/2020/index.html for links to documentation.
> The TeX Live web site (https://tug.org/texlive/) contains any updates and corrections. TeX Live is a joint project of the TeX user groups around the world; please consider supporting it by joining the group best for you. The list of groups is available on the web at https://tug.org/usergroups.html.
>

> [2021]
>

> finished with package-specific postactions
>
> [No WISH report]
>
> Welcome to TeX Live!
>

> See C:/TeX/Live/2021/index.html for links to documentation.
> The TeX Live web site (https://tug.org/texlive/) contains any updates and corrections. TeX Live is a joint project of the TeX user groups around the world; please consider supporting it by joining the group best for you. The list of groups is available on the web at https://tug.org/usergroups.html.
> Logfile: C:/TeX/Live/2021/install-tl.log
> Installed on platform win32 at C:/TeX/Live/2021

This has a technical reason: the translation function is now
available to the back-end installer. Therefore the GUI can use the
translated welcome message from the back-end rather than suppressing
the untranslated back-end welcome message and tacking on its own
translated version at the end.

--
Siep Kroonenberg