pretest 2021 begin (3rd attempt, no reply seen)

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Mar 3 14:04:10 CET 2021

Siep Kroonenberg wrote:

The mirror list is still the regular mirror list and has not been
adjusted for pretest. Therefore select-repository does not work
during pretest.

If you are accessing your rsync repository via a network mapping you
should be aware that the administrator does not necessarily see the
same mappings as a regular user.

Thank you, Siep.  So let me try to simplify my question to the absolute minimum :  given that no network mappings are involved, and that my local "rsynch"d repository is at :

C:\TeX\Live\2021\Pre-test

which contains (for example) "install-tl-windows,bat" and "install-tl-windows.exe", and given that I am working within the context of an elevated command prompt, what is the simplest way to be able to verify, with 100% certainty, that the installation will take place from my local repository before allowing the installer to continue ?

** Phil.
--
Philip Taylor

This email, its contents and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. In certain circumstances, it may also be subject to legal privilege. Any unauthorised use, disclosure, or copying is not permitted. If you have received this email in error, please notify us and immediately and permanently delete it. Any views or opinions expressed in personal emails are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Royal Holloway, University of London. It is your responsibility to ensure that this email and any attachments are virus free.