update-tlmgr-latest.sh.sha512

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Tue Mar 2 14:58:12 CET 2021

Hi,

> http://ctan.ijs.si/mirror/tlpretest/update-tlmgr-latest.sh
> http://ctan.ijs.si/mirror/tlpretest/update-tlmgr-latest.sh.sha512
> http://ctan.ijs.si/mirror/tlpretest/update-tlmgr-latest.sh.sha512.asc

> Checking via ftp to some mirror
> I understand the files are symlink

answered. not much we want to do about this for now.

> > It is all a lot of pain with Apples.

Well, maybe? I don't have a Mac at hand, and none of the core developers
has. So that means guesswork.

My recommendation is reinstall. Most people are not using metered
connections nowadays.

> >> texmf.cnf:        /usr/local/texlive/2020/texmf-dist/web2c/texmf.cnf
>
> At the above absolute paths there are
> indeed the indicated files with varying contents.

Ah, now I see what you mean, tlmgr reporting on which texmf.cnf files
are used.

Yes, this is again resolved with abs_path.

> TEXMFLOCAL = $SELFAUTOPARENT/texmf-local
> TEXMFHOME = ~/Library/texmf
> TEXMFVAR = ~/Library/texlive/2021/texmf-var
> TEXMFCONFIG = ~/Library/texlive/2021/texmf-config
>
> as is advised in the comments.
>
> And the
>
>  /usr/local/texlive/2020/texmf-dist/web2c/texmf.cnf
>
> is the unmodified TeXLive one which starts with

Yes, what is reported is the actual file path, resolving symlinks.

you cannot get rid of that unless you rename the directory.

Best

Norbert

Fujitsu Research Labs  +  IFMGA Guide + TU Wien + TeX Live + Debian Dev