Segmentation Fault while loading format file

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Jun 28 23:18:53 CEST 2021

    My linux system is i386. I have no inention of getting a new machine.

The current snafu is only a problem if you are sharing a single TeX
installation with i386 (or windows, or other 4-byte long) binaries with
x86_64 (or other 8-byte long) binaries. There's no problem when the fmt
file is built and then used on the same system.

I suppose we should bite the bullet and rebuild. When it was only one
person, that's one thing, but now with the second report ... I'll
contemplate. --thanks,karl.