It happened again

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Jun 27 14:23:03 CEST 2021

Howdy,

It happened again the last two days. Yesterday there was an install of siunits. On OSs that are Case Independent, e.g., macOS, this really just updated SIunits. Today, SIunits was removed. Unfortunately, on Case Independent OSs that means that what was siunits is removed. There was no siunits on the system. Tlmgr still ``thinks'' it's there so I had to force a re-install. Not a big deal, but I'm sure there are folks that won't understand what happened.

Note: the problem occurs if removal run of tlmgr comes after the install by an earlier run of tlmgr. In the normal case, where they come on the same tlmgr handles the order fine.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
herbs at wideopenwest.com