pdflatex does not work on win after todays update but does on linux

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at bitmuis.nl
Sun Jun 13 16:42:38 CEST 2021

On Sun, Jun 13, 2021 at 10:59:30AM +0200, Andreas Hirsch wrote:

As to Andreas' procmon dump: if you scroll through the list, you'll
find many successive entries with pdflatex.exe as process name, and
then a lot of successive entries with WerFault.exe as process name.
This WerFault program has to do with Windows error reporting.

I looked at the properties of the last pdflatex.exe event before the
WerFault events. These properties are displayed in a tabbed window,
one tab is labeled Stack. I attached a screenshot, but I can make
nothing of it. Presumably, the magenta K stands for Kernel, and the
blue U for User.

My own procmon exercises led to similar results.

By the way: a result BUFFER OVERFLOW is no really that: if it is not
known beforehand how large a buffer is needed for an API call, then
you can invoke the API with a small buffer, get as answer how large
a buffer IS required, and then invoke it with a large enough buffer.

--
Siep Kroonenberg