pdflatex does not work on win after todays update but does on linux

Andreas Hirsch cursus.publicus at sacrumromanumimperium.org
Sun Jun 13 10:59:30 CEST 2021

Hi Siep,

Siep Kroonenberg schrieb am 13.06.2021 um 10:51:

> So do I understand that if you access a local drive D: with share
> syntax '\\localhost\D$' that then pdflatex does not crash?

I was surprised too!

I tested all variations of invoking pdflatex and compiling sample2e (see
screenshot) withour any success.

For the moment I take your statement from your previous mail an will
switch to a local installation.

But we should keep in mind this line from
http://www.tug.org/texlive/windows.html#tlaunch

'TeX Live is designed for shared use: you can install TeX Live on a
network for use on client workstations. All it takes is adding TeX Live
to the searchpath.'

Something must have changed on windows (or samba?)

best,
Andreas