differences between daily snapshots and CTAN

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Sat Jun 12 15:07:50 CEST 2021

Hi Vincenzo,

please keep the ml in cc.

> Thanks, that was exactly what I was hoping to hear. Yes, by "file" I meant
> "TL container", and with file name including the revision number.

Good.

> Re binaries, I thought that you may occasionally recreate a binary
> container even if the revision number hasn't gone up (e.g. because a

No. We **did** change containers when only TeX Catalogue data changed
without changing the revision number, but his has changed last year and
now any change whatsoever will trigger an update of the container.

Reason: the revision number is the maximum of subversion's "last changed
revision" of all the files in the package. So any change there will
trigger an update, also for binary changes.

Actually, binary changes also always triggered an update.

Best

Norbert

Fujitsu Research  +  IFMGA Guide  +  TU Wien  +  TeX Live  + Debian Dev