allowing use of fonts across texlive versions

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Sat Jun 12 13:04:10 CEST 2021

Am Sat, 12 Jun 2021 11:28:28 +0200 schrieb Ulrike Fischer:

> Would it be possible to move the fonts from texmf-dist into a
> separate texmf-tree say texmf-fonts?

Markus suggested to me off-list to use symlinks, something I hadn't
considered because I thought it doesn't work on windows (I think it
didn't at some time). But it works now. I needed admin rights but
then  could create a symbolic link with mklink and it seems work.

It is a bit confusing as the windows explorer don't show the folder
and all log-files show "C:\texlive\2020", I hope I will remember
that this pathes are symbolic ;-)

--
Ulrike Fischer
https://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/