pdflatex does not work on win after todays update but does on linux

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 14:11:35 CEST 2021

Hi,

there is an easy way how to corrupt the ls-R files in Linux (it
happend to me several times). Suppose you follow the recommendation
and install TeX Live as a non-root normal user. Then, at one time, you
run mktexlsr as root. This changes the ownership of the ls-R files.
Then you update TeX Live as a normal user. The normal file are still
owned by the user who did the installation hence they are updated. In
the next step mktexlsr is called but the ls-R files are not writable
for the normal user. It is too easy not to notice that ls-R were not
updated. Can you check the ownership of the files?

Zdeněk Wagner

pá 11. 6. 2021 v 13:04 odesílatel Andreas Hirsch