pdflatex does not work on win after todays update but does on linux

Alois Steindl Alois.Steindl at tuwien.ac.at
Tue Jun 8 21:37:56 CEST 2021

Am 08.06.2021 um 14:41 schrieb Andreas Hirsch:

> In daily use I'm compiling via TeXWorks and configered it there as
> needed.
>
> As I mentioned in my first mail, there ist no TeXLive-Installation on
> my Windows-PC, I'm using the installation on my linux-server via
> samba-share. This worked fore more than ten years and should not be
> the reason for the recent problem.

It's really hard to guess what might be the problem. Since you are using
a Samba share I could imagine that pdflatex searches for some files in
the net. Does it work if you lookup some files like article.cls using
kpsewhich (maybe using some debug setting to see, where texlive looks
for files). Do other programs (e.g. simply latex) work?

If you use linux, does it also use the Samba share?

Good luck

Alois