LuaMetaTeX

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 01:27:51 CEST 2021

On Tue, 6 Jul 2021 at 00:07, Karl Berry wrote:

>     is the integration of LuaMetaTeX planned in TeX Live at some point?
>
> There is no plan, certainly no ETA. It will happen when, and if,
> it needs to happen, and/or Hans wants it to happen. -k

Like Karl said.

Hopefully it will be included one day, but nobody knows when this will happen.
The fact that the build system is different (CMake, while TL is using
autotools) doesn't help either, but I also never lose hope that CMake
will be available as an option for building TeX Live one day ...

I'm not aware of any attempts to make luametatex work with plain TeX
or LaTeX, but more importantly I would guess that it might be too
early for anyone not willing to adapt quickly to start working on
that, since it's still a pretty much moving target and code keeps
changing all the time.

Mojca