Installing TeXlive 2021 scheme-minimal: I can't find file `dehypht-x-2021-02-26.tex'

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Fri Jul 2 12:47:51 CEST 2021

Hi Philipp,

> On that note though, what now really confuses me: how can a double slash in `TEXMFSYSCONFIG and TEXMFSYSVAR cause this behavior? Particularly cause an error that emerges only when installing the three smallest schemes (infraonly, minimal, basic) but with scheme-small and higher there is no more issues?`

double slashes have a special meaning in kpse, that they search
recursively all directories below the given one.

That has been like this since the dawn of humans ;-)

Still, there are a few things I am contemplating:
- first I need to check why the double slash disturbed the whole system
- second, I think it would be nice if we automatically clean input
  like this and remove double slashes, nobody in their right mind will
  want that, and if, they should fix it afterwards.

@Karl, what do you think?

On Fri, 02 Jul 2021, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> I tend to believe that double slashes have some special meaning to
> kpathsea, but I don't know (and didn't bother investigating) the
> details.

Mojca ... is this you ... I can't believe? :-DDD

Best

Norbert

Fujitsu Research  +  IFMGA Guide  +  TU Wien  +  TeX Live  + Debian Dev