July 1st: Beginners TeX Hour: Why Software Sucks: Geeks Drive Stick Shift Cars

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 15:30:52 CEST 2021

Hi,

the situation is even more complex, you even must have the same OS.
Many years ago happened to us, when I was asked to develop a macro
package for a journal and we had the same version of TeX Live, the
same version of DejaVu fonts, yet the article compiled from the same
sources by XeLaTeX in Linux was one page shorter than the same done on
Mac. For some reason font handling was different. Versioning of DejaVu
fonts is important and downgrading DejaVu might require downgrade of
fontspec whcih may lead to domino effect requiring downgrade of
everything.

Zdeněk Wagner