Conflicting advice in TeX Live documentation.

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Wed Jan 27 22:01:32 CET 2021

http://tug.org/texlive/windows.html says :

https://www.tug.org/texlive/quickinstall.html says :

>       Running the installer
>
> You do not need to be root (administrator on Windows) to install, use,
> or manage TeX Live. Indeed, we recommend installing it as a normal
> user, except perhaps on MacOSX, where it's conventional to install as
> administrator.

I /assume/ that http://tug.org/texlive/windows.html is correct ("Run as
administrator" is required if one wants to install for all users), in
which case should not https://www.tug.org/texlive/quickinstall.html read :

>       Running the installer
>
> You do not need to be root (administrator on Windows) to install, use,
> or manage TeX Live. Indeed, we recommend installing it as a normal
> user, except perhaps on MacOSX, where it's conventional to install as
> administrator, or on Windows, if you are intending to install for all
> users.

/Philip Taylor/