[texdoc] texdoclib not found

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Fri Jan 15 05:37:01 CET 2021

Hi all

On Fri, 08 Jan 2021, Roland Kaber wrote:
> Info: Running Texdoc not installed in the current TEXMFMAIN.
> /usr/local/texlive/2020/bin/x86_64-linux/texdoc:43: module 'texdoclib'

This is strange, and not reproducible on my system.

It seems you have stray texdoc files in you ~/texmf or some other input
path.

On Sat, 09 Jan 2021, Takuto ASAKURA wrote:
> This first line of the message you got indicates that your TeX Live
> (and so as Texdoc) is not installed in the standard way as expected.

Yes.

> How exactly you set your PATH? How did you call texdoc?

That is also a good question.

> This seems not the issue of Texdoc itself but about TeX Live installation.

texdoc in TeX Live works nicely, nothing broken here.

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev