Missing dependencies for package `forest`, `environ`

Maximilian Nöthe maximilian.noethe at tu-dortmund.de
Mon Jan 11 14:07:14 CET 2021

Hi,

I tried this already at some point, and was bitten by exactly this.

Some packages use `usepackage`, some `RequirePackage`, I even saw some,
which created there own macro, internally doing something like
`\RequirePackage{#1}`,
which made this such a hard problem it was virtually impossible.

I found some missing requirements, but many false positives or optional
dependencies or
not found dependencies, that it wasn't really worth it.

Without a proper mechanic to declare dependencies that also supports
optional dependencies,
this is an unsolvable problem and the only thing that will be able to
solve this in part is to download
a known file if it is not found in the system.

This however will still create problems as there is no way to specify
versions, so the download might
fetch a newer, incompatible version.

Regards
Max