TeX Live, Tiny TeX, AWS Lambda and reworking TeX for modern times

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 00:35:55 CET 2021

Hi all,

what is needed is not just TinyTeX but removal of TeX from dependences
in R. What I need is to process automatically R code on a tiny
computer with a very small disk space and never use TeX on it.
Unfortunatelly R installation fails because it tries to install a huge
TeX distro. Thus unless the R maintainers do not change their minds,
TinyTeX will not help here.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz