pretest 2021 begin

Stephan Lukasczyk tex at lukasczyk.me
Fri Feb 26 09:29:41 CET 2021

Hi Karl,

On 2021-02-25 16:53:54, Karl Berry wrote:
>Hi everyone.  I think the pretest area is populated with the first build
>for TL 2021. See https://tug.org/texlive/pretest.html as usual for
>details of how to install (unchanged from previous years), and the list
>of notable changes that I've got so far. Additions or corrections to the
>news are greatly appreciated.

First of all, thank you to all people developing and maintaining TeX
Live and providing the pretest for 2021.

>Please don't let this dissuade you from trying the pretest!  Better for
>everyone to test now than wait for breakage in the official release. TL
>has no dedicated testers or QA department, so it's all up to us
>collectively as volunteers.

I have just installed TeX Live 2021 pretest on a MacBook Pro (macOS
11.2.1).  Installation on the command-line worked smooth as always.  I
used the `install-tl-unx.tar.gz` archive for this.

I then compiled a couple of smaller and larger documents lying around on
the machine with both pdflatex and lualatex, utilising bibtex and biber
as well.  All tested documents worked fine so far, no errors
encountered.  If errors occur in the future, I'll report those.

Happy testing to all, and thank you again for TeX Live!

Best,
   Stephan

--
Stephan Lukasczyk