Python2 modules

AW alexander.willand at t-online.de
Sat Feb 6 18:10:23 CET 2021

Hi!

here

https://lists.opensuse.org/archives/list/factory@lists.opensuse.org/message/
T2YC2IPISQP76YGZWVHG644NX273WWVS/

somebody reports that the installation of texlive pulls in some python2
packages. The mailinglist is the dev-list of openSUSE factory.

A maintainer of Python packages at openSUSE answers:

,----
| Yes, and I call on TeXLive maintainers to do something about it,
| because there is a big chance that Pretty Soon™ their packages
| will crash hard, when we remove Python 2 from Factory.
`----

Factory is kind of misleading, it's the rolling release called Tumbleweed, so
maybe many people will be affected, including me. Maybe you can do something
about it.

Have a nice weekend!

Alexander