TeX Hour: XML to TeX to PDF: Thur 19 Aug 6:30 to 7:30pm UK time

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 00:29:48 CEST 2021

Hi,

I will not be able to join the TeX Hour because I will be busy with my
work till late night. I have therefore decided to mention my web with
slides to my two lectures:

http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz/lectures/

The slides are in Czech but maybe you could understand at least
something. My ideas are:

1. Use XML where it is strong, i.e. validating editor which offers
attributes and elements according to contexts, it even dynamically
switches the spellcheck dictionary in the multilingual documents
taking into account the lang and xml:lang attributes. And XSLT is good
for nonlinear transformation from XML to TeX (it needs information
from distant parts of the source documents).

2. Use TeX where it is strong, i.e. typesetting.

3. Don't do XSLT to TeX primitives but to macros which are then
defined in a package. This makes everything concise and more easily
debuggable.

You can mention my web in the TeX Hour as well as anywhere else.

Sincerely,
Zdeněk Wagner