\input gets slower after each \input

Phelype Oleinik phe.h.o1 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 20:04:54 CEST 2021

On 27/04/2021 14:51, Hartmut Henkel wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Apr 2021, Hartmut Henkel wrote:
>>
>> ...not sure if this has to do with a problem tackled here, long long
>> ago: http://hhenkel.de/pdftex/patch3/avl-patch3.html
>
> ooops, this one is already part of pdftex, so it's likely not related to
> the slow-down problem. Sorry for the noise.

Yes, that seems to be already implemented for hyperlinks.  However, if I
read that correctly, the AVL Tree search you mention is for searching
strings.  If so, that may as well be implemented for this exact case, as
it doesn't seem to require a change in the underlying data structure...

I will investigate when I have the time.

Thanks for the link!

Phelype