Utah CTAN + TeX Live repositories now have https

Nelson H. F. Beebe beebe at math.utah.edu
Tue Apr 27 00:20:44 CEST 2021

As of today, the sites

	ctan.math.utah.edu
	ftp.math.utah.edu
	www.math.utah.edu

can now be accessed with the https:// prefix, as well as the original
http:// prefix.

As always, the ctan.* and ftp.* hostnames can also be accessed with a
ftp:// prefix, and we expect to continue to offer anonymous FTP, even
though some Web browser developers have announced that they intend to
remove support for the FTP protocol.

The name

	tug.ctan.org

is an alias for ftp.math.utah.edu, but attempts to use https:// with
it still produce a browser warning; http:// works fine.  The reason is
that name is outside the utah.edu domain, and we aren't adding a
certificate for it until a major upgrade of our FTP server is
completed, possibly within the next week or two.  There will be a
short service outage on the FTP addresses when that upgrade happens,
but it should be no more than a few minutes.