Concerning problems with updates from mirror.ctan

Markus Kohm markus.kohm at gmx.de
Wed Apr 21 08:26:08 CEST 2021

Am Mittwoch, 21. April 2021, 00:23:49 CEST schrieb Norbert Preining:
> for those having problems updating from CTAN mirror.ctan.org, please
> change your repository to use
>         https://
> instead. That should fix the problem.
>         tlmgr option repository
> https://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet

Unfortunately this does not help. After today's infra update with the generic
address I get:

| /usr/local/texlive/current/bin/x86_64-linux/tlmgr: signature verification
error of
| /usr/local/texlive/2021/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb.main.
2fdb20874d4fe1a3267a99dbbf353926 from
| https://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb:
cryptographic signature verification of
|   /tmp/u23nQVXiXG/m4lwylA0kJ
| against
|   https://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/
texlive.tlpdb.sha512.asc
| failed. Output was:
| gpg: Signatur vom Tue 20 Apr 2021 01:53:17 CEST
| gpg:                mittels RSA-Schlüssel 4CE1877E19438C70
| gpg: FALSCHE Signatur von "TeX Live Distribution <tex-live at tug.org>"
[ultimativ]

| Please try from a different mirror and/or wait a few minutes
| and try again; usually this is because of transient updates.

and every https mirror (I've tested several German mirrors, e.g. uni-erlangen,
oth-fulda, gwdg, oth-regensburg, fau) fails with:

| /usr/local/texlive/current/bin/x86_64-linux/tlmgr: cannot download: download
did not succeed: Germany       https://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/ctan/tlpkg/
texlive.tlpdb.sha512

The only German mirrors that work are the ftp access to mirror ftp://ftp.fu-berlin.de/tex/CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet (which seems to be outdated) and the
http access to
http://mirror.physik-pool.tu-berlin.de/pub/CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet

So either all the mirrors I've tested are broken (but e.g. usually gwdg and
uni-erlangen are very reliable) or the https access does not work.

Markus