Call for testing: TeX Collection 2021

Martin Sievers martin at dante.de
Fri Apr 9 21:37:14 CEST 2021

Am 02.04.21 um 16:45 schrieb Manfred Lotz:
> Hi folks,
> The TeX Collection image for 2021 is available for testing from
>       http://tug.org/~manfred
>
> Specifically
>    http://tug.org/~manfred/texcol2021.iso
>
> Checksums are available as:
>    http://tug.org/~manfred/texcol2021.iso.md5
> or
>    http://tug.org/~manfred/texcol2021.iso.sha512
>
> Like the years before I just make assumptions what could be possibly
> tested by you. Feel free to do whatever you can do.
> [...]
> Martin Sievers: texlive on Ubuntu; protext on Windows 10
> [...]
>
> Please report your test results by including operating system and
> version, e.g. Ubuntu 19.10.

Dear Manfred, dear all,

first of all I would like to thank all of you for the great work you're
doing each year to provide the TeX Collection to thousands of users all
over the world.

This year I won't have as much time and platforms available for testing
as in recent years.

I installed TeX Live 2021 from the iso image on my Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and
ProTeXt on my Window 10 Pro without any problems.

However, I would like to suggest editing the rather outdated text at the
beginning of README.HTML (and the corresponding passages for other
langages like LIESMICH.HTML) as well as of the txt versions:
The CTAN backbone consists of the servers

     ftp.tex.ac.uk (cam.ctan.org) in the UK,
     ftp.dante.de (dante.ctan.org) in Germany,

As far as I know there is only the DANTE server left.

Moreover, I found a wrong date in these texts:
The snapshot was produced in May 2017 from ftp.dante.de by DANTE,

which should for sure be something like April 2021 or March 2021.

Best regards,
Martin

--

Martin Sievers -- Einfach schöner publizieren

Im Alten Garten 5
54296 Trier

Telefon:  +49 (0) 651 4936567-0
Telefax:  +49 (0) 651 4936567-9