has the search path during format creation been changed?

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Tue Apr 6 10:11:30 CEST 2021

Am Tue, 6 Apr 2021 16:42:10 +0900 schrieb Norbert Preining:

> Hi Akira,
>
>> -  $ENV{'KPSE_DOT'} = $thisdir;
>> +  $ENV{'KPSE_DOT'} = "$thisdir$sep.";
>
> I agree that this is a solution, but **why**? What has changed?

It can't be latex as I'm using the same files for both formats and
expl3 is loaded quite early, . The config files (pdflatex.ini etc)
are from the respective texmf trees but their content is identical.
It can't be windows as I have both texlive on the same machine
side-by-side.

texmf.cnf is different but nothing looks suspicious, the engines are
naturally different.

Beside this kpathsea had version 6.3.2 in texlive 2020 and is now at
6.3.3

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/