Bugs in texlive 2021

Harald Koenig harald at mailbox.org
Tue Apr 6 09:52:03 CEST 2021

On Apr 05, Jack wrote:

> 2)
> tlmgr has language problems
> echo $LANG $LC_MESSAGES
> de_DE.UTF-8
> POSIX
>
> tlmgr conf ...
>
> Sorry, no translations available for POSIX (nor POSIX); falling back to
> English.
>     Make sure that you have the package "texlive-msg-translations"
> installed.
>     (If you'd like to help translate the installer's messages, please see
>     http://tug.org/texlive/doc.html#install-tl-xlate for information.)

I've seen this warnings too on my SUSE system.

not sure why, but "POSIX" doesn't seem to be valid anymore (see output of "locale"),
I've now changed to "C" instead of "POSIX" and the warnings are gone...

Harald
--
"I hope to die                                      ___       _____
before I *have* to use Microsoft Word.",           0--,|    /OOOOOOO\