has the search path during format creation been changed?

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Tue Apr 6 03:05:13 CEST 2021

Hi Akira,

On Tue, 06 Apr 2021, Akira Kakuto wrote:
> my $cmdl="pdftex -ini -translate-file=cp227.tcx -jobname=pdflatex -progname=pdflatex -etex pdflatex.ini <nul";

> fmtutil-sys --byfmt pdflatex

Can you please do:
- put the following code
	for my $i (keys %ENV) {
	  print("ENV $i => $ENV{$i}\n");
	}
  into fmtutil.pl, function callback_build_formats
  just before these lines:
    # we rebuild formats in two rounds:
    # round 1: only formats with the same name as engine (pdftex/pdftex)

- run
	fmtutil-sys --byfmt pdflatex
  and capture the output

- add the same code into your perl script before running the pdftex
  command
  run and capture the output

- send me both outputs

Concerning directories:
Formats built by fmtutils are created in a temporary directory, not in
some defined one.

Furthermore, we do something with KPSE_DOT
	$ENV{'KPSE_DOT'} = $thisdir;
(code taken over from the origin shell version).

I don't see anything Windows specific here **besides** the way the
temporary directory is created.

All very strange

Norbert

Fujitsu                 + IFMGA Guide + TU Wien + TeX Live + Debian Dev