tug.ctan.org inaccessible on a specific machine

Nelson H. F. Beebe beebe at math.utah.edu
Fri Apr 2 16:17:56 CEST 2021

I'm one of the administrators of tug.ctan.org, which is equivalent to
ftp.math.utah.edu with IPv4 address 155.101.98.136.

Can you please tell me your host IP address from which you could not
connect; I can then trace through our logs to see whether you are
reaching our site, and then being blocked, or if there are no log
entries, the block could be upstream, such as at the University of
Utah campus boundary.  If the latter, I should be able to find out
what is happening, and why.

Our campus has boundary gateway machines that can impose blocks
automatically when they `think' traffic is anomalous.  This morning,
from my home office, where I have a Google Fiber connection, I have no
trouble doing either a ping to tug.ctan.org, or an FTP connection, or
a browser HTTP connection.

Our FTP tree is visible under the Web server /pub tree, so please try
this alternate path:

	http://www.math.utah.edu/pub/ctan/tex-archive/

and let me know whether that works from your site.