Request for Perl module (windows TeX Live)

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at bitmuis.nl
Fri Sep 25 16:33:11 CEST 2020

On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 10:12:10AM -0300, Pablo González L wrote:
> Hi all, is there any possibility to include the `Win32::Console::ANSI` module
> in the windows version of TeX Live?
> I use it in the scripts `pst2pdf` and `ltximg`, in the tests I did in
> windows I
> used "Straberry" or "CYGWIN" and that and the module was always installed, I
> didn't realize that it wasn't included in TeX Live (win).
> This causes both scripts to be broken :(

The built-in perl is intended mainly to support the TL installer and
infrastructure.  If you need more, then you can install an external
perl and add a line

TEXLIVE_WINDOWS_TRY_EXTERNAL_PERL = 1

to <TL root>/texmf.cnf

This being said, it sounds odd to me that command-line conversion
utilities (that is what they are, isn't it?) should require a module
to control the windows console.

--
Siep Kroonenberg