How to adjust the $TEXMFCNF variable not to interfere with ConText?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Sep 20 23:49:43 CEST 2020

Thanks for the recipe. Reading through this, I have three (separate) ideas
before going further (maybe try them in reverse order :):

1) cp texmfcnf.lua from the regular tree to ~/mypath/texmfcnf.lua,
and see if that makes context happy. (I have no great hope, but maybe.)

Or:

2) Explicitly include both the personal and system directories in
   TEXMFCNF:
export TEXMFCNF=~/mypath:/usr/local/texlive/2020:/usr/local/texlive/2020/texmf-dist/web2c

Or:

3) If the goal is to read a tree at ~/mypath, how about simply setting
   TEXMFHOME to that?
export TEXMFHOME=~/mypath
   That seems like it would be the simplest approach.

One more thing, not a solution, but a further question: what happens if,
instead of setting auxtrees via tlmgr conf, you do (including the
trailing comma):
  export TEXMFAUXTREES=/home/myname/mypath/myfolder/,
And then don't mess with the TEXMFCNF envvar or texmf.cnf files at all? -k