Creating a Chocolatey Package For TexLive

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Thu Sep 17 10:40:19 CEST 2020

Hi Naveen,

> I need help on getting all the collection defined in some machine understandable way(Say JSON). I see https://github.com/TeX-Live/installer/blob/master/install-tl#L2969-L2977 where it says,
> > Schemes and collections (and packages) are ultimately defined by the files in the C<tlpkg/tlpsrc/> source directory.
>
> Where I couldn't find such a directory either in that repo  https://github.com/TeX-Live/installer. Can you help me over here?
> Or is it in SVN repo?

Yes, it is in the svn repo, but you can get it in many ways, the list of
collections you could get with
	tlmgr info --json collections
and schemata
	tlmgr info --json schemes
Or you just download the texlive.tlpdb from tlnet, and then do
	grep ^name collection- texlive.tlpdb
to get the list of collections and similarly with scheme- for schemata.

> Another question, can the profile contain,  scheme and also collection be defined?

Both can be used. scheme selects the group of collections required by
that scheme, and additional collections can be added via collection
entries.

> Or there should be only one of two? What takes more priority between the two(scheme or collection)? The docs https://github.com/TeX-Live/installer/blob/master/install-tl#L2953-L2955 makes this unclear to me.

Since there is no way to *disable* a collection there is no priority
issue, a collection is included either because the selected scheme
includes it or it is directly specified.

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev