Creating a Chocolatey Package For TexLive

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sat Sep 12 16:42:31 CEST 2020

On Sat, Sep 12, 2020 at 02:45:55PM +0200, Zdenek Wagner wrote:
> so 12. 9. 2020 v 1:14 odesílatel Reinhard Kotucha
> <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> napsal:
> >
> > All programs you have to compile are written in C or C++ and there is
> > no need to install any tools which don't exist already on your system.
> >
> Isn't TeX written in web? This would need tangle and pascal to C as well.

Texlive uses web2c, I have built texlive several times without
either of those programs.  For xindy: as well as clisp, perl is also
required.

> > If you can compile an abitrary program with
> >
> >   ./configure && make && make install
> >
> I am afraid it works neither in Linux nor in Windows. Linux can be
> installed without C compilers, it happened to me in CentOS 8. Windows
> do not have bash, GNU make, GNU C/C++, it has to be downloaded and
> installed.

Yes, if you install linux without compilers (or without development
files, i.e. headers) then you are reliant on binaries.  Such a
minimal install can probably be done from any linux distro.

ĸen
--
I could not live without Champagne.  In victory I deserve it, in
defeat I need it.  -- Churchill