problems with local user format files

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Thu Oct 15 17:50:28 CEST 2020

Hi Ulrike,

On Thu, 15 Oct 2020, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> Well it happens, and quite regularly. In the last months I deleted
> more than once a format there - and I swear I didn't delete the

If you can give me a recipe how to reproduce it, I will surely find an
explanation and fix for it, but I have personally never seen this
problem, so I cannot do anything.

> I can't say if it is due to something new in texlive - it could be
> that it only pop ups now more often as expl3 checks if the format
> has the correct date.

What does that mean? But whatever expl3 rejects, I can't imagine that it
triggers a format rebuild ... or?

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev